Vinegar was discovered around 5000 BC when unattended grape juice turned into wine and then vinegar.
Vinegar, which means “sour wine” in French, is made through a long fermentation process of any carbohydrate that can be fermented, such as; apples, grapes, dates, coconut, potatoes, and beets.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
– Apple Cider Vinegar has antibacterial properties can cure a sore throat.
– The consumption of a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar daily will restore the adequate levels of acid in the stomach and prevent acid reflux and abdominal spasms.
– Apple cider vinegar has anti-glycemic effects and positively affects blood sugar by preventing the complete digestion of complex carbohydrates,
– Apple cider vinegar is good for various skin ailments, such as; bug bites to poison ivy to sunburn.
– It is useful as a topical application to eliminate warts, due to the presence of acetic acid.
– It improves heart health, as it has a favourable effect of the Serum Lipid profile. – Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium, so it energizes the body and treats fatigue
– Vinegar has got a potent effect of inducing a feeling of satiety and reducing the total amount of calories consumed and thus helps reduction of weight
– It reduces the mucus in the body, treating sinus congestion and preventing infections.
Other benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
– A cotton ball in diluted apple cider vinegar and use it to cleanse the face and get rid of pimples.
– Rinse the hair with a solution made of one-third cup of vinegar mixed with four cups of water and this eliminates dandruff if sprayed on the scalp
– For smelly feet wipe the feet down with vinegar.
– For bad body odour dab a bit of apple cider vinegar under the arms.
-To whiten your teeth and to get rid of bad breath, gargle with diluted vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is high in bio-active components such as acetic acid, Gallic acid, epicatechin, and caffeic acid and all these compounds have a potent antioxidant, antimicrobial, and other medicinal properties.